HRS Towing, Instruction, and Equipment Rates
The following rates apply to active members of HRS including visiting members.
Towing is available to non-HRS members who are currently members of SSA (proof of SSA membership is required).
Instruction and aircraft rental is offered to HRS members only.
- $60 regular tow to 3,000' AGL + $1 per 100 feet above 3,000'
- $45 each for pattern tows to 1,000' AGL
- $120 for 3 pattern tows
NOTE: A pattern tow is the minimum towing rate. Rope breaks, real or simulated, are charged as pattern tows. If the glider is lifted off the runway, the full fee is charged.
Non-members: $65 flat rate up to 3,000' AGL + $1 per 100 feet above 3,000'
Proof of SSA membership is required for non-members to receive tows.
INSTRUCTION: $65/hr - prorated in 1/10 hr increments
AIRCRAFT RENTAL: *(See note below)
prorated in 1/10 hr increments
- Schleicher ASK 21 (N221JH): $50/hr
- Schweizer SGS 1-26B (N9924J): $20/hr
- Schweizer SGS 2-33A (N5786S): $20/hr
- LET L-33 Solo (N120MW): $40/hr **(See note below)
- Schweizer SGS 2-32 (N2402W): $40/hr ($20 minimum)
* All glider rental rates are discounted by 50% when flown by an HRS youth member.
** Prepaid aircraft rental is available for a limited time for the L-33. A $2,000 package buys 66.7 hours at $30/hr. A $1,000 package buys 28.6 hours at $35/hr. These packages are non-refundable but are transferable to another HRS member and have no expiration date. Contact any HRS Director to arrange purchase of a rental package.