Come Soar With Us!
Glider rides with Hood River Soaring allow visitors to enjoy a bird’s eye view of the scenic beauty and wonder of the Hood River Valley and Columbia River Gorge.
Known as the wind capital of the world, Hood River offers ideal conditions for soaring. Our friendly and experienced pilots harness the power of the wind to guide customers on an unforgettable flight over the heart of the Columbia River Gorge. We are the only organization in the Pacific Northwest offering two-passenger glider rides, making it the premier location for couples and families seeking a thrilling and unique flight experience.
If you’ve never taken a glider ride, you are in for a real surprise. When you take a glider ride with Hood River Soaring, you’ll feel the power of thermals that lift eagles while surfing the invisible “East Ridge” wave and the Mt Hood jet-stream wave. Our pilots listen and respond to customers’ requests, providing a highly customized flight experience.
See for yourself why the Hood River Valley is known around the world for its multiple challenging, but highly rewarding, flying experiences.
Enjoy a bird’s eye view of the scenic beauty and wonder of the Hood River Valley and the Columbia River Gorge.
- Approximate flight time: 20-30 minutes
- Tow to 3,000 foot release altitude.
- 1 passenger $229 - 2 passengers $279
Soar the East Ridge or catch a thermal to lengthen your scenic flight over the Hood River Valley.
- Approximate flight time: 40-50 minutes
- Tow to 3,000-5,000 foot release altitude.
- 1 passenger $279 - 2 passengers $329
EPIC SOAR (last ride of the day)
Use the power of the Mt. Hood thermal "wave" to go for a longer flight over the Hood River Valley and Columbia River Gorge.
- Approximate flight time: 60-90 minutes
- Tow to 3,000-7,000 foot release altitude.
- 1 passenger $379 - 2 passengers $439
A Message to our customers about COVID-19: Hood River Soaring is resuming our introductory (scenic) glider rides. We have adopted the following set of policies and practices to keep our pilots and passengers safe.
- Face coverings are optional, for both passengers and pilot.
- All passengers and pilots are encouraged to get vaccinated, if they aren't already.
- Individuals with flu-like symptoms may not fly in Hood River Soaring aircraft.
- Individuals who have been in close physical contact with a known positive case of COVID-19 within the past two weeks may not fly in Hood River Soaring aircraft.