Welcome to Hood River Soaring! This page is intended to help new members get familiar with our tools and services. Experienced members may also find helpful reminders here or discover an unused feature. Just click on an item below to expand and learn about it.
If you have a membership account, but haven't yet signed into the website with a password, here's how:
- Open Manage Your Profile.
- Tap the "Request Password" option.
- Enter the email address associated with your membership account.
- Tap the "Request Password" button.
- Check your email for the password message and follow the instructions in that email. If you don’t see the message, check your spam folder.
- Use the assigned password to sign in. You will land on the profile page.
- Follow the directions to update your personal profile and customize your password.
You have control over the information about you that is displayed in the Membership Directory. You may add pictures and biographical details and update them whenever you wish. Only current HRS members may view the Directory. Open Manage Your Profile and follow the directions on the page.
The HRS Message Board is the primary tool that members use to communicate with each other by group email. As a member of Hood River Soaring, you should be automatically subscribed to the Message Board.
To verify that your subscription is active, tap HRS Message Board. It should open to the main page of the Message Board, where you may read and post messages to the group. Tap the "My Settings" icon in the upper right corner to edit your personal profile, including how your name is displayed, and set your email delivery preferences.
If you cannot open the Message Board and instead get the message, "You must be a member of this group to view and participate in it," then select Contact the Owner/Manager and ask to be subscribed.
All new members, from first time students to experienced glider pilots, will need to connect with a club instructor.
The club's SSA group insurance policy mandates that only current members may operate club equipment. All members must be checked out by a certified club instructor for each make and model of glider to be flown. (See Pilot Warranty.)
Connect with a club instructor to schedule lessons, take an orientation flight, and get checked out in the club's gliders. Instructors are also available to perform biennial flight reviews.
Open the Membership Directory.
- Under the "Search" box, select "Search by member qualifications."
- Tap the "CFIG" button (Certified Flight Instructor Glider).
- Tap the "Search" button. A list of instructors will appear below the map.
- Tap on each instructor's name for the options to phone and/or send a message.
Note that instructors who live at a distance from Hood River will notify the membership when they are scheduling time here. However, it's a good idea to reach out and plan ahead.